As Christmas carols play on repeat and seats begin to empty around the office, the year is gradually coming to a close. It’s a very welcome change of pace, and gives us time to reflect on what we achieved in the past 12 months.
So before we break for the summer, put away the corporate gear, and take our eyes off the clock; I would like to share some of Ogilvy PR’s biggest and boldest moments of 2016.
- Our CEO, Kieran Moore, was awarded the David Ogilvy GIANT of the year award for her fearless leadership and global contribution.
- We had 53 award wins and shortlists across B2B, consumer, employee relations, experimental and more.
- We launched the world’s first virtual reality retail store with Myer and eBay.
- Our Group Managing Director – Corporate, Ogilvy PR – Susan Redden Makatoa, helped PRIA launch the first ever diversity and inclusion policy in the Australian PR Industry.
- We helped show the world how the little-known cyber security firm NUIX, cracked the Panama Papers from its base in Sydney.
- We had weddings and proposals, babies born, promotions and anniversaries (A shout-out to you, Leon Beswick! 17 years, wow!).
- We went viral when our Xbox team created the ultimate gaming Xbox Onesie.
- Our creativity was brought to life when we transformed an entire Sydney ferry into an IKEA Harbour Home.
- We worked with Canon to tap into the wonder of Vivid 2016 and showcase the power of photography.
- We hosted our vibrant Global Chairman, Christopher Graves, who presented his award-winning Brain Behaviour Story.
- The French Riviera came to Sydney, in true Grey Goose style.
- We reminded families across the nation to #MakeDinnertimeMatter.
- We told the world the Invictus Games are coming to Sydney in 2018.
- We attended and presented at countless panel sessions, conferences, speeches, thought leadership presentations and workshops, to inspire and inform.
- We launched the 2017 OPR Futures report; capturing 15 trends and insights that we think will fundamentally impact marketing communications now and into the future.
- We never gave up on producing the biggest and boldest work, we formed friendships for life, grew the business and throughout all the craziness; we achieved the unimaginable.
Time to scrunch up your to-do lists and reflect on your ‘already done’ list. Take a moment to be proud of your achievements. Agency life is a wild, unforgettable ride and it’s only going to get bigger and better in 2017. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!