Woolworths Eco Ambassador Program
Woolworths Limited wanted to enhance its existing sustainability strategy by engaging employees (across its 3,000 sites) to undertake positive behaviours that would reduce the company’s environmental impact. The communication challenge presented to OgilvyEarth was significant – 85% of Woolworth’s 188,000 employees had limited or no access to company intranet or email. A strategy session was held with key stakeholders around the creation of peer influencers, since named ‘Eco Ambassadors’, that could champion ideas and help develop a greater awareness of the everyday actions that could be taken. The Eco Ambassadors were trained via a half-day workshop, where they were equipped with everything they needed to make a difference. During the workshops, participants were taken through the challenges and engaged to play a part in delivering solutions. By highlighting Woolworths’ commitment to sustainability, the workshops equipped participants with tools and action plans to support their roles as mentors. Ultimately, this enabled them to act not only as a source of information and inspiration for other employees, but as a conduit for company-wide communication.
Last 5 posts by Claire Whyntie
- Parker & Partners expands Health expertise with new Sydney hire - February 22nd, 2013
- Ogilvy PR and Kimberly-Clark win at FSC Australia Awards - November 29th, 2012
- First round Trumpet winners - October 24th, 2012
- Ogilvy PR Melbourne appoints following new business wins - October 18th, 2012
- Kieran Moore a woman to watch in 2012 - October 9th, 2012