5 Friends ‘Like’ Your Kidney Donation
Whenever Facebook says there’s a ‘big announcement’ in the works, the social media world grinds to a halt with bated, anticipatory breath and the recent announcement was a bit of a doozy. Facebook have announced that it will allow its 900 million members to share their organ donation status with their connected friends and family. Users who intend to make their donor status visible will then be linked to a database where users in need of organs can ‘find’ a donor.
It’s a very noble, humanitarian tactic by Facebook yet for some, it may be met with even more scepticism around privacy concerns. Pessimistic? Perhaps, but you can’t be too careful these days. It’s been well reported that frustrations are abound when it comes to Facebook’s Machiavelian approach to privacy and perhaps this announcement is one more step in that direction.
For those unperturbed by this knowledge share, you can follow the below steps to update your own organ donation status from Facebook Timeline:
1) Go to your profile.
2) Click Life Event.
3) Scroll down to the Health & Wellness section.
4) Click Organ donor and type your state information and date you became a donor. If you’re not officially registered, click on the link that will take you to the state agency responsible for such information.
By Koby Geddes.
Last 5 posts by admin
- Ogilvy PR shortlisted for 2015 CommsCon Awards - February 26th, 2015
- Nino Tesoriero joins Ogilvy Public Relations Australia - February 25th, 2015
- Prime Minister Abbott down…but is he out? - February 9th, 2015
- NORTH POINT: Books - it’s an emotion kind of a thing - February 3rd, 2015
- Corporate Affairs Roundtable Lunch - Managing Your Brand - December 18th, 2014